Terms and Conditions
- The Hirer is responsible for the holiday cottage and is expected to take all reasonable care. The cottage is cleaned prior to the hirer’s arrival and must be left clean and tidy at the end of the hire period.
- Arrivals and Departures. Bookings are usually made from 3pm on the day of arrival until 10am on the day of departure(unless by prior arrangement).
- Deposit. Bookings will not be confirmed until a 30% deposit has been received, except when the booking is made within 4 weeks of arrival date when full payment is due.
- Balance. The balance payment is due 4 weeks before the arrival date, where the balance payment is not received Holiday Cottages in Whitby reserves the right to re-let the property and retain the deposit.
- Prices include gas, electric and bedding (and towels if stated)
- Damages. Damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the hirer. However, minor accidental breakages will not normally be charged for. In the case of Thordisa a security deposit is required upon arrival. This deposit will be returned 1 week after your stay as long as you or your party has not caused any damage or loss and the accomodation has been left clean and tidy.
- Motor Cars and Personal Belongings. Personal belongings are the responsibility of the hirer at all times. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to motor vehicles.
- Party Size. No more than the maximum number of persons as stated for the property is allowed. If over populating the property is found all guests will be asked to leave immeditatley and no refund will be given as it invalidates our insurance.
- Pets. 1 small well behaved pet is welcome at Rose Cottage and Seal Cottage, Molly Miles, Taldomas Gallery, Thordisa, The Bungalow and The Boot Room at a small extra charge, pets are not allowed in any of the other properties. If a pet arrives withour prior arrangement a fee of £100 will be charged or the hirer will be asked to leave the property immediately and no refund will be given.
- Smoking. We have a no smoking policy in all our properties. Any one found smoking in the properties will be asked to leave immediately and no refund shall be given.
- Holiday Cottages in Whitby endeavour to repair or replace broken or missing items and check regularly all appliances etc, please inform us immediately if something is not working.
- Holiday Cottages in Whitby reserve the right to decline accommodation and demand the immediate withdrawal of any persons behaving in a manner detrimental to the property or the comfort of the owners or neighbours.
- Cancellation In the event that you should have to cancel your holiday the return of the deposit is at the discretion of Holiday Cottages in Whitby. We strongly recommend that separate travel insurance is taken out to cover cancellations.
- Whilst it is extremely unlikely, should your cottage be unavailable for any reason during the time you have booked, we will refund the relevant portion of the rental paid. In no event shall the liability exceed the rental paid.
- Collection of the keys is acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- A booking fee of £10 for upto 3 night stays and £15 for longer than 3 night stays is required on booking from 1st January 2018.
Disability Access Statement
Many of our properties are over a few floors and if you are worried about access please email or ring.